Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Samba Can't Write Folder At Windows System

When I install Fedora Core I have problem with write folder. I have change any configuration but still failed to solved the problem. But I have found how to solved it.

There is something called SElinux, an additional security feature on the kernel that comes with FC5, FC6 and I'm sure FC7 too. In order to get samba to work and remove the permission issues (that stressed me). You've to disable it. U can use one of the two method (I have used the first method.)

First Method

On the Lilo or grub.conf file, append selinux=0 on the kernel line
exampel of my grub.conf
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
default=0
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,2)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title Fedora Core (2.6.18-1.2798.fc6)
root (hd0,2)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet selinux=0
initrd /initrd-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6.img
title WIndows 2003 Server
chainloader +1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Method
" setsebool -P smbd_disable_trans 1" the restart the samba 

0 comments: